Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Deep Dish

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well the campin eggers went camping in may. while we were there vidalia 1 made a deep dish pizza. it was really good better than all of my previous attempts. so i started badgering him. he posted the recepie HERE so i ordered the 6 in 1 tomatoes and went to work.

the Raws
DD1.jpg

on the egg
dd2.jpg

finished
dd3.jpg

after a few slices
dd4.jpg

well dont use peppers and onions raw in a deep dish they gave off too much water. the second pie is the only ones you are seeing because the first one was so wet.

verdict: BUY 6 in 1 tomatoes. and keep working on eating more i am sure if i do this a few more times it will me less messier.. but i dont think i can make it taste better :ohmy: B)

thanks kim you may not stop to hand off some pearls but you do give me pearls of wisdom :unsure: :silly:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Options
    That pie looks awesome. Thanks for the link to the recipe.
  • vonbonds
    vonbonds Posts: 22
    Options
    Holy mother of god that looks amazing! LOL
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    It does look pretty labour intensive but sure it's worth it Terry
  • BENTE
    Options
    anytime and thanks ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    thanks man i seen your first cook it looked great. you will love your first egg ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    it really wasn't too bad. but like you said well worth it!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Great looking pie...the only time I've had deep dish is when we visited Chicago.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • N'awlins
    N'awlins Posts: 90
    Options
    Thanks for the advise on the peppers and onions......The pie does look tasty!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Glad it turned out tasting so good...I only put the pepperoni & cooked sausage in mine + all the cheese... :):lol: :silly:

BTW I ordered more 6 in 1 tomatoes this morning...yummo

http://www.escalon.net/6in1.aspx
  • BENTE
    Options
    i have never had a real one. i have made several but only eaten pan pizza from pizza hut and this was better :)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    i took my mistake to the couple across the street and his wife told me they were not going to order pizza again... i was happy because that was the first thing she has liked that i have cooked.. she even put ketchup on my brisket :sick: and still did not like it :huh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    i will proabably order more when my supply gets low :laugh:

i just now as i read your post figured out i did not put pepperoni in :blink: ohe well pam said it was one of the best she has ever eaten. wooohoo!!!

and the pearls were great ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb