Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New guy (dont care for newbie!)

Options
docbipe
docbipe Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got my large Egg the other day, wondering if it was money well spent. Got rid of the smoker, relegated the old grill to the shed for duties that involve more cooking than will fit on the egg.
First meal: breakfast. Bacon, eggs, and hash browns in a cast iron skillet. I was a little baffled because the handle of the skillet was down inside, below gasket level, but I adapted. Came out great! :whistle:
Second meal: 6lb prime rib, whole taters. Kind of nervous, no worries. After the first hour, I plugged my remote thermometer in, enjoyed the a/c till it was time to put the taters on. I cannot describe how well it turned out, but a couple of visitors came over that didnt come to eat, and the comments were awesome, not to mention the food!
It's so hot here now, I think tomorrows supper will involve catfish or tilapia. Lighter meal than the cornish hens I had planned on, but will fit the bill better.
I Love My Egg! B)

Comments