Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kalbi cut short ribs on the Mini

Options
chocdoc
chocdoc Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight's dinner was marinated kalbi cut short ribs - marinated in soy, sesame and chilis.

5924765484_7477bcae7a.jpg
DSCN3505 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Fresh California figs with goat cheese, roasted then drizzled with the local honey.

5924765572_0b10a82be4.jpg
DSCN3507 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

I'm not much of a drinker - but we'd been to Sudbury yesterday and found a couple of interesting bottles at the liquor store so made this cocktail with gin, Lillet and Aperol. Couldn't find any bitters - so added a squeeze of lemon and orange and a flamed bit of orange rind.

5924765344_e2d6c55d0c.jpg
DSCN3501 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Comments

• Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Options
    All 3 pictures look perfect. Nice looking meal and a very nice looking drink.
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    everything looks great.

I'm a fan of fig + goat cheese :)
    context is important :)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Great looking plate. Bet it was delicious. :P
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Kerry, I love the fig dish. I can't say that I've ever seen fresh figs around here. I will be looking closer now. That had to be terrific!
    Pretty sure those ribs melted in your mouth. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    Options
    Actually kinda tough - but still tasty. If we'd had the time we should have sous vide'd them in the marinade for several hours.