Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT Best chicken boning video I have seen

BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
edited 5:05AM in EggHead Forum

• Wow!
    Thanks for that link. Jacques Pepin really deserves his great reputation.
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,777
    A characteristic of great art is how easy it looks. So, really, "it should only take a minute to de-bone a chicken." I suspect it only takes about 5000 minutes of practice to get to that point.
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Thank you for posting this link. I have been thinking of doing this but did not think that I had the knife skill to not just grind the meat into a worthless pulp.
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • rmr62rmr62 Posts: 16
    Thanks for posting that. I have seen JP do this on TV before, and have wondered how I might get a copy--now I know. Thanks again
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    He sure makes it look easy-peasey.
  • Two words:

Sharp Knife.
  • vonbondsvonbonds Posts: 22
    Jacques Pepin is a master, it is pure joy watching him in a kitchen.
  • eggtopiaeggtopia Posts: 75
    great informative video.
  • jeffinsgfjeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Thanks for the link...great video.

While I loved the whole thing, the part that I think I will actually try is the "chicken lollipop" trick on the two-bone wing segment. That would sure dress up a mess of wings!
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    You are right, that was brilliant! I might try that this weekend.
    The Naked Whiz