Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Falafel chicken thighs

Gretl
Gretl Posts: 670
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is TOO easy. I falafel about even telling you how easy this is! (sorry, I couldn't help that)[p]Last night I bought some boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I trimmed them of whatever extra fat could be seen, and coated them liberally with plain yogurt. I then dusted them with packaged falafel mix. I got the idea from a recipe in Food & Wine Magazine which said you could use falafel mix instead of traditional flour/cornmeal breading. So I heated the Egg to about 350, oiled the raised grid, and Egged the thighs just like I do Chef RD's Wings. I turned the thighs very carefully after about 10 minutes, making sure not to disturb the crust. They were on a total of about 40 minutes (interior thigh temp reached between 165 and 180), and I was careful to move them around so they didn't burn. The result was crunchy, spicy tender thighs. While they cooked, I made a red lentil chili and served it all with some minted yogurt and chutney on the side. For what amounted to almost zero effort, this was an amazing flavor treat. Try it!
Cheers,
Gretl

Comments