Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Grilling clubs in Missouri

Options
rdhj
rdhj Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I live in Columbia, MO. and was wondering if there were any clubs or groups within the state of MO for BGE owners. We are looking for an active group of enthusiasts who get together every so often. Looking to make friends though this fantastic medium. ;)

Kind Regards,
Ron

Comments

• E-ville Egg
    E-ville Egg Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm in St. Louis and would love to participate. Keep me updated if you find anything
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Well, there's 3 of you eggers right there in Columbia - so that's a good start. I know a couple more are in Jeff City. Maybe this refresh and then you do one later will grab their attention for responses. BTW I'm formerly from nearby Centralia, so any mention of Columbia catches my attention.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • dwbeck
    dwbeck Posts: 7
    Options
    St louis Egger. love to hear some stories.
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Options
    Springfield here. I'm in if we get this off the ground. I have at least 2 more here and one wannabee that would be all-in, too.
  • RRP
    Options
    Don't know where he's hiding today but thebtls who is a regular poster here lives in Columbia. Also EgginTiger posts from there as well.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    Hello,

I spent 5 weeks in COMO last year, disappointed I could not find a decent dealer to buy lump when I needed it. Born and raised there, I'm Eggin' out west nowadays.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• RRP
    Options
    hmmmm, you mean the pool guy/BGE dealer didn't carry lump, or not what you wanted? Twice I have made a 550 mile round trip to Mexico, MO to buy Ozark Oak there. Mexico isn't that far from Columbia...especially if you were there for 5 weeks! Did you post an SOS on this board at the time?
  • rdhj
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has replied to my post. I would be interested in having a meet and greet with some people in the Columbia area if we had enough interest.

Lets keep this riding and see who else chimes up.

I will keep everyone apprised of what I am able to find out.

Kind Regards,

RON
  • field hand
    field hand Posts: 420
    Options
    I'm in Marthasville, mid way between Washington and Wentzville and would be interested in forming a group to shares egg stories/results and meet other eggers. Sounds like a good idea.

Barry
    Marthasville, MO
  • RRP
    Options
    That's a cool idea! Now you ought to bring some dealer into the thinking process!

Next year will be the 10th annual Peoria, Illinois Eggfest and our dealer ROCKS!

BTW should I also have mentioned he has sold a ton of Eggs in doing so? It just grinds me that dealers don't have a clue what organizing eggfests can do for them! Guess maybe ol' pool boy there in Columbia is one of those clueless ones...
  • Boombotty
    Boombotty Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm here is Spfd as well. Pretty bummed there is no Smokin in the Ozarks eggfest this year. I guess Tammy at Outdoor Home left and she was the one in charge of it.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Ron,

Here's an idea...Start a dinner club with friends of yours that would fit the mold, and then you will be creating a small group of Eggheads by yourself. :laugh: They all will figure out that without an Egg or two, they just can't keep up. :whistle:
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Options
    Whoa...I hadn't heard that. Hate to lose the fest. It was a lot of fun.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    Hello Ron,

I had a few bags of Ozark I found in Hermann when I was there, just surprised that the Egg dealer located on broadway had nothing...not even an Egg. Fire King and Full Circle were a few I found, you guys are lucky to live in "oak" country.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• rdhj
    Options
    I wanted to say thanks for all the replies and I will take all of this advise and information into account. I apologize for the delay in responding as I have been out of town on biz. Non the less, I look forward to walking further down this path and making some new EGG friends in the future.
    Kind Regards,
    RON