Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rack to hold my grills

Options
Zyme
Zyme Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Hi Folks,
I have this idea for a rack to hold my grills. It would have hooks inside the frame to hang them from, some hooks off the cross bar to hold my grilling tools, and a couple of routed out spots on the top to hold my beer! I'm no master craftsman like so many of you but I can make this look nice by sinking the screws and treating it with a nice stain and some tung oil.
So what do you think? Would this be stable? Any ideas for extra functionality? Thanks! I'm looking forward to working on this.
grill-stand.jpg

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Not sure why you haven't had any responses, sure, it will work, look good too! :) Put a towel bar on the upper support and get some s-hooks that will fit it for grill brush, tongs, etc. :)
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Fun idea, especially because you can hang the grills to cool.

Some ideas....

If you use a platesetter and pizza stone, maybe those could somehow be attached to the inside of the columns.

If you need to cover it, I would recommend thinking ahead about measurements. Maybe some ready-made covers for other items would fit it easily.

Might want to think installing metal feet -- maybe even adjustable.

You might end up wanting a little shelf on top for extra space to put stuff. Nested beer idea is cool though, but that's going to be tough to chip out at the bottom of the routed out part. If you did a little shelf, just make a hole for the beer and then put a bar or wood under to hold it. You will see what I mean if you search around the net for adirondack chairs with cupholders in the arm.

Good luck and thanks for sharing
  • 43moon
    43moon Posts: 15
    Options
    Did you build this? If so, I would like to see some pictures. I am thinking of a similar project for myself.
  • Zyme
    Zyme Posts: 180
    Options
    You know, I got so busy I set it aside for a while, but I'm planning on getting back to it soon! I'll let you know.
  • 43moon
    43moon Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing it. I have been toying with the idea of converting my now empty nest into a grid holder. I already place my plate setter and small cast iron grid on it. Iam thinking of bending the top legs out just a little to hold my large cast iron grid too. I can even cover everything with the round egg cover that has been retired by my table and table cover.