Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Ya gotta love a T bone

WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonights dinner...and it was fantastic..

tbn.jpg
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Gee, I wonder which one was yours. :laugh:-RP
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    LOL...actually I took the smaller one so Sally could have the one with more tenderloin on it...awesome flavor..
    ·
  • Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
    Those are some awesome looking steaks!
    ·
    Costco choice....I don't usually buy T bones because I would prefer porterhouse...but these had enough tenderloin I went with it..no regrets..
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    VERY NICE! :) I love it when both sides are filled out like that.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,447
    Send the one on the left please :laugh:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • LESAGEMIKELESAGEMIKE Posts: 51
    Early dinner but wow that looks good. I could eat those any time of day or night! :woohoo:
    ·
    LOL..it's gone already..
    ·
    We've eaten dinner earlier than most do for MANY years..think it came from all of the years looking at the forum for the better part of the day and coming home starving from all the great pics...
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Very nice looking steaks there.

GG
    ·
  • garcia77garcia77 Posts: 26
    My favorite cut.. nice sized loin side!
    ·
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Great looking steaks!
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    nicely balanced steaks Wess.. never see them like that much anymore :(
    ·
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Nice looking steaks there Wess, with the size of the filets on them are you sure they are T-Bones or Porter House. Down here they would concider them PH. Bet they were good. Good Eats. ;)
    ·
    I prefer PH..but our costco never sells anything labeled as porterhouse...the good sized loin side is the reason I bought them...but the package was "labeled" T bone..and $7.49/# was pretty good...I have bought porterhouse from a meat cutter that had more tenderloin, but I also paid a lot more for them as well...all in all absolutely no regrets..
    ·
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    Only thing that would make that any better is if the egg was an XL and the steaks filled it that much. Enjoy.
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    That is a heck of a deal for those steaks Wess. They look awesome.
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Nice pics! I occasionally buy a porterhouse, cut the filet off and then cook two steaks for Susan and I. Works pretty good.
    ·
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    Did you get them off a dinosaur? :blink:
    ·
  • I like it, Wess, and wish I had one of those right now. I am not too picky, the one on the right will be fine!
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Can't go wrong, for sure!
    ·
  • Really nice looking t-bones and at a good price. Makes for some really good eating.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Looks like bas ass porterhouses.
    ·
  • Those look delicious :)
    ·
  • leeflashleeflash Posts: 66
    T-bones,thanks for the pics
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    yes you do :)