Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Best food for "catering"--not pork

Bluecrab3Bluecrab3 Posts: 328
edited 10:07PM in EggHead Forum
A coworker of mine is recovering from surgery, and I'm taking her family dinner tomorrow. Was going to do ribs, but they are "ribbed out" from the 4th. I'll have a 30 minute drive to their house and don't want to bring anything that would be potentially dried out. Any ideas?

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Pulled beef or pork sandwiches always work. -RP
  • ManfredManfred Posts: 186
    How about a nice meat loaf and bake spuds (sweet or regular) and a nice green salad. just a thought
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    I would do roasted chicken(s). We've bought "barbecue chicken" from church on several occasions and after the half hour drive home, it was still delicious. It's also easy to quarter, store, and reheat any leftovers.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    I really don't think AZRP was the one asking for advice..he's pretty good at what they do..