Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

any sure fire winning jambalaya recipes here?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
yes, I have led a sheltered life and have admitted it before, but today I was treated to lunch at Red Lobster and I had jambalaya for the first time in my life. It was slightly spicy but very good. The way I love rice I can see this dish in my future!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Deaneaux
    Deaneaux Posts: 45
    Options
    When it comes to Cajun or Creole recipes, In John Folse I trust. Use the search feature to find several jambalaya recipes:

http://www.jfolse.com/newfindrecipe.htm

Chicken and sausage, using pork fat (in place of veg oil in most recipes) is the most common kind where I'm from.

Good luck!!
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Oh boy!! That jambalaya looks A-MAZING!! Wow :blink:
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Ron,
    I have cooked this one many times and really like it.Everything goes in the pot raw at one time.We have cooked it on the egg and in the crock pot and it always comes out good.
    Larry

Couzan Billy's Jambalaya recipe
    From the kitchen of Kevin Taylor, the BBQ Guru

I know there are many Jambalaya recipes out there. This one is unique in that you throw everything into the pot and cook. No making a roux, no browning the meat, no cooking the rice. It is ideal for doing on the grill. Matter of fact, I cook this for Friday night supper at the cook-offs! This recipe I adapted from one given to me by my good friend Bill Conklin Couzan Bill, a real Cajun!

1 pound converted rice, uncooked
    1 can French onion soup
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1/4 pound butter, cut into pieces
    1 cup onions, chopped
    1/2 cup green onion, minced
    1 small green pepper, diced
    1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
    3 large garlic cloves, minced
    1 teaspoon crab boil
    2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
    2 tablespoons Tabasco
    1 pound smoked sausage
    1 pound crawfish tails (or shrimp)
    3 pieces chicken breasts, cubed
    2 to 3 cups chicken stock

Heat oven to 350 degrees F or simply place pot on the grill.

Combine everything in a 5-quart ovenproof pot. Start with 2 cups of chicken stock. Mix well. Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours or longer.

You may add more chicken stock based on the consistency you want.

Stir before serving. Keeps well.

For more recipes, please visit The BBQ Guru