Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE on the test kitchen show

BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
edited 2:47AM in EggHead Forum
Its on now
·

Comments

• BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    It did not get good reviews. They made fun of the price. I like my BGE just fine.
    ·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    I read their review of the egg, it just proved that they don't know what they are talking about.
    ·
  • OblioOblio Posts: 53
    The video indicated that they probably went with the Weber due to payola which is disturbing in itself for what I usually regard as a decent show. Why else would they talk up things on the Weber like a real temp gauge, ash pan, large capacity, airflow control etc. that the BGE also has but were not mentioned? The misinformation about water pans was disturbing also. Meat doesn't dry out due to lack of humidity in the smoker, they either did not know this or lied to promote one product, either is sad.
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

If using a propane driven smoker the meat will get very dry, hence the water pan which will evaporate out and needs filling several times - out here anyway. Sure glad I went to the egg.

GG
    ·
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,913
    Just went on their web site and gave them a little gentle admonition. Christopher a delicate fellow you know. Can't be too hard on him.
    ·