Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Charlie Tuna...

Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm sure most of us indulge at one time or another, otherwise I would have noted this as 'OT'. If you've shopped recently, have you noticed that what used to be 6 oz. cans of tuna are now 5 oz.? Star Kist, Chicken Of The Sea, Bumble Bee.. all the same! Like we wouldn't notice? Photo shows a can from a while back on the left. On the right is one from today. Kinda like spreading manure on a windy day, if you get the drift..

Tuna.jpg

Comments

• Yep, it's happening with all the other products too, cereal, crackers, chips, etc. they made it smaller and raised the price.

Check out Aldi if you have them where you live. I buy saltines for .90 cents for a 4 sleeve box and tortilla chips for $1.19 for the same size bag as Tostitos which is now $4 at Publix.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    And a half gallon of ice Cream is now 1.75qts or even less.
    Love Aldi. Their cereal is good too, especially the crunchy raisin bran.
  • Braumiester
    Braumiester Posts: 134
    Happened to yogurt a couple of years back, containers lost 2oz and price went up 20cents. :angry:
  • leeflash
    leeflash Posts: 66
    same thing is happening to my pay check.
  • Oblio
    Oblio Posts: 53
    I hate product downsizing, small bags of chips are now 3/4 oz and what used to be a small bag in weight is puffed up w/gas and goes for $0.99. Oftimes the local grocery will sell injected meat and cover the 'may contain up to ...' print with the store wt/price tag. Don't even get me started on the ethanol subsidies that drive up the cost of feeding the egg.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Yeah I'd pay the extra 7% or so in cost for noninjected poultry. Their flavors interfer with your brining. But they was to artificially pump up the weight and the price also. Dog food used to come in 50 lb bags and is now 34 pounds with the price 5 bucks more a bag.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Bacchus wrote:
    And a half gallon of ice Cream is now 1.75qts or even less.
    Love Aldi. Their cereal is good too, especially the crunchy raisin bran.

Except for Blue Bell!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings