Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brunch

Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited 5:06PM in EggHead Forum
Fritata - Eggs, sausage and bacon, southwest corn, jalapenos, tomatoes, onions, cheese
IMG_7679800x600.jpg

Sweating the onions
IMG_7683800x600.jpg

IMG_7684800x600.jpg

IMG_7685800x600.jpg

IMG_7686800x600.jpg

Done
IMG_7690800x600.jpg

Topped with sour cream and guacamole - one for me and one for my bride
IMG_7696800x600.jpg

Comments

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,712
    You must have stayed up all night thinking up that recipe, or maybe just started pulling stuff from your chilled inventory and made something.

Either way, it looks good.

Spring "Breakfast For Champions" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • It was a mission which included exploration of the refrigerator's inventory. Sometimes known as "refrigerator diving" :)
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Looking fantastic as usual Frank. I make frittata often as well, but I just do mine indoors, starting on stovetop then finishing in oven. I have found that leftovers freeze/reheat surprisingly well. Along with a frozen biscuit makes for an effortless breakfast.
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    From the pictures lately everyone eats real good around there. Fritata looks great and I might try one for lunch. Thanks or the idea.
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,349
    Looks good! Frig diving fritatas are usually the best. It is fun to take leftover and mix them up and see what you get...never been dissapointed.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    That looks wonderful as always Frank. Was trying to decide what to make for brunch here, think I'll go fridge diving. :)
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,951
    Frank,
    You really cook up some great looking food all the time.
    Are you going to make Plano this year? Sure hope you will.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Bobby RBobby R Posts: 17
    Frank - That simply looks fantastic! I just received my cast iron dutch oven, is that what you used with the lid off? What temp were you cooking at, and about how long were the eggs on?

Thanks in advance! As you may have gathered, I'm interested in giving it a go. B)

Bobby R.
  • Probably not - it's the weekend of my bride's birthday.
  • That is an 8" skillet on my mini.

Put the skillet in at 500 dome tossed in the onions for a few minutes and closed the vents down to approximate 350 dome.

Put all but the eggs, tomatoes and cheese in stirred a couple times and closed the dome for a couple minutes. The bacon and sausage were already cooked - left over moink balls that I didn't sauce.

poured in the eggs and added the tomatoes and closed the dome for about 5 minutes.

Added the cheese and closed the dome for about ten more minutes until done.

Closing the dome helps cook from the top and avoids burning the bottom.

Have a ten inch skillet I use on my small.

IMG_3127800x600.jpg

Good luck with it.
  • Bobby RBobby R Posts: 17
    Thanks for the details! Much appreciated and have a great weekend.
  • leeflashleeflash Posts: 66
    bring out the hot sause.looks great.
  • N'awlinsN'awlins Posts: 90
    Nice! Breakfast (especially like that) is my favorite meal!