Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

First Steaks

Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This was one cook that I was really looking forward to. I decided to do the standard method the first time, but will try the Trex method soon. I was not disappointed. Eggs are absolutely awesome cooking machines!!! :)

Started with some sirloins from Sams
101_1801.jpg

Seasoned with just some kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
101_1802.jpg

On the Egg. I got the egg up to 700, then seared each side for about 3 minutes. I then shut down the Egg and let cook for about 5 minutes for mine.
101_1803.jpg

Mine came out perfect!
101_1804.jpg

This was the best sirloin that I have EVER grilled myself. I like to get more of a crust during the sear, I'm thinking I need to get the steaks closer to the coals for that.

My challenge is that my wife likes her steaks well done (I know, its a crime). Any one have any tips on getting steaks well done. I'm almost thinking I'll have to butterfly hers or something. I left hers in the egg during the cook process for probably 15 minutes and the were still medium well. I now have a thermapen which will help, but I'm thinking they will dry out if I leave them on there too long.

Comments