Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribeyes tonight

Dave in FloridaDave in Florida Posts: 819
edited 4:45PM in EggHead Forum
Got a whole Ribeye at Sam's Club today. Told the "butcher" to cut them 1" thick. Wife asked if I would cook ribeyes tonight. Got home and found the ribeyes were cut 1/2" thick. I should have paid better attention.

Prepared with EVOO, Dizzy Pig Cow Lick Steak Rub.

IMAG0700.jpg

Wife decided she wanted to try veggies. I must admit, I don't like asparagus or squash, UNTIL...I had these. These were very good.

IMAG0699.jpg

Veggies, baked potato, ribeye, and Corona.

IMAG0702.jpg

Life with a BGE is good!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
·

Comments

• bwceggedbwcegged Posts: 18
    Looks good!!....i do asparagus almost weekley, one of my newfound favs.!!
    ·
  • The wife has eaten asparagus for the 8 years I have known her and I could not stand it. This was the very first time I tried it cooking it on the egg. I am now hooked as long as it is cooked on the egg.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,331
    Nice, the egg and you did justice to those steaks ;)
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    I just sucked the air out of the room when I read that. Sorry to hear about the hack job on your steaks, but they looked good from here.

I remember the first time I tried asparagus. I went out to the bar after dinner. My confused exclamation had the entire ladies room laughing to tears! Ah innocent youth. :P
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Steaks look great Dave
    Keep the pics coming :)

Shane
    ·