Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Brat

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's better than only having to work a half day Friday? The wifey being out of town so you can experiment with your bbq!!

Got home today around noon, and fired up the egg. While waiting for that to stabilize, I went ahead and mowed the back yard. Got to get some of those honey do's done before she gets home. By the time I was done, the egg and was stabilized at 375 (ok, I overshot, was aiming for 350, but its close, so who cares. :wink: ) Didn't manage to get any outside shots of the brats cooking, but its just brats, no biggee. (excuse the pic quality, she took the camera with her, so I had to rely on my phone)

IMAG0194.jpg

Who doesn't like a brat topped with plain old yellow mustard?

IMAG0195.jpg

Of course, a great compliment to a good brat is sauerkraut.

IMAG0196.jpg

But what if we took it a step further and topped it with some left over pulled pork and some bbq sauce?

IMAG0197.jpg

Now, I don't know if this has ever been done before and I am sure I am not the first, but I have never seen it or heard of it. Let me tell you....it was outstanding. The way the different flavors and textures played off of each other was heavenly. You have that tartness of the sauerkraut, plus a little bit of sweetness and spice from the bbq sauce, not to mention the vineagerry (spelling?) flavor that had been put in with my pulled pork. Heaven in every bite. Notice the bun....you can't go with a regular old hot dog bun. No way would it hold up. Make sure you get a good sturdy hot dog bun. Mine came from Whole Foods, but wherever you can find one. Or even a bollilo bun might work. Can't wait to make another one for dinner.

Hope everybody has a great weekend. Happy grilling.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments