Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini - I need opinions

Doug
Doug Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've had a medium Egg for several years now and love it. I often only throw a single steak on and was wondering if the Mini produces the same results as it't bigger brothers.[p]If not should I buy a small Egg insted ?[p]Doug

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    searing2.JPG
    <p />Doug,[p]I absolutely LOVE my Mini. I also have a Small and Medium and the Mini BY FAR gets used the most. It is a steak cooking machine, let me tell you. And, it's ultra portable. You will absolutely love it.[p]I frequently cook pork chops, steaks, sausage, bananas, mushrooms, and anything that likes hot & fast cooking. I've also seen pics posted by YB where he stacked two levels of hot wings on his.[p]Click on the link below to see more cooks I've done, several of which feature Ms. Mini herself.[p]It's a powerful little cooker. Get one![p]TRex
    [ul][li]More cooks with the Mini[/ul]
  • Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Doug,[p]The mini will produce the same great results on a steak as a medium. Actually, I think the mini does a better job on steaks. They are cooked much closer to the coals. I have a medium as well and bought a mini about two years ago for the same reasons you list. Its a great size for camping (which is where it comes in most handy for me) but if you plan to cook for a few friends as well, the majority of the folks here would say to go to the small. [p]I've been able to cook two N.Y. strip steaks, four hamburgers, eight brats, ten ABTS on my mini. However, you really have to watch your food 'cause hot spots develop very quickly. [p]Mac
  • Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    nystrip1.jpg
    <p />Doug, the same, if not better for steaks and chops

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Rumrunner,[p]That right there is a great looking steak![p]TRex
  • BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Doug,[p]For "T-Rex-ing" a steak, Miss Mini will heat up much faster, and also cool down (to the "dwell" temperature) much faster.[p]The Mini is one great steak-searing-machine.[p]BOB
  • Doug
    Doug Posts: 132
    TRex,[p]Question answered. I'm getting a mini - looks even better than I thought for what I want.[p]Thanks,[p]Doug