Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Butt in Guiness Beer??

CAEggFanCAEggFan Posts: 31
edited 8:12PM in EggHead Forum
Saw a BBQ restaurant on one of the cooking shows on TV put pork butt in a shallow pan and put a couple bottles of Guiness Beer in and cooked that way. Thinking of trying.

Anyone done this?

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Sounds like a waste of good beer to me. :huh:
  • BobinFlaBobinFla Posts: 361
    Bacchus wrote:
    Sounds like a waste of good beer to me. :huh:
    Also, alcohol abuse. :(

BOB
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,623
    Anything can be used as a braising liquid. I think Guiness is more bitter than I would like. I'd use at least a bock beer, better yet, a double bock, which works great, btw, for simmering brats.
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 281
    why put such swill in/on a good piece of meat. Terrible waste of a tasty piece of meat.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • atlpatsatlpats Posts: 102
    A agree with B&B, I am a fan of beer just not Guiness. Seems like a waste of good meat.
  • BigBadgerBigBadger Posts: 461
    I'm a huge fan of Stouts, Guiness being right up there. If you are into the braising style of cooking I say "Why not try it"? ....of course, let us know how it goes!
  • CAEggFanCAEggFan Posts: 31
    This is sounding like a bad idea. Nevermind. :-)