Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

July 4th cook

Options
mxdad
mxdad Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For the 4th I decided to run my Egg through its paces as I was only a week into being a new egg owner. I cooked two 8lb butts for a party on Sat that turned out well. For Monday I did two 7s that turned out equally as well.

7ba66638.jpg

Next on the agenda was pizzas, I failed to get a pic of either pizza but they turned out great for my first attempt. I had one ball of dough left over and wrapped it in plastic wrapped, put in fridge. I took it out yesterday and decided to use it for a bread. Added a little EVOO, some mozzarella and parmigiano-reggiano along with fresh basil. So here is the bread from last night
c5c7f3fe.jpg

After the pizza on the 4th came Jalapeno poppers stuffed with a mixture of deer sausage and cream cheese. My pepper holder handles 20 I had a few more that I stuck in there and several fell off but turned out just as good
ab778246.jpg

After the peppers came shrimp.This pic is after they came off the grill and were resting inside for serving
4c3d84b7.jpg

Last was desert time, homemade ice cream with banana fosters served over the top
c5fae8a1.jpg

I am loving this egg

Comments

• mxdad
    Options
    Sorry this thread posted twice not sure how I accomplished that. Cant figure out how to delete one
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Looks like you and the egg are simpatico. Nice holiday cook and welcome the egg world....next step cooking at at fest ;)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • mxdad
    Options
    Austin Egghead wrote:
    Looks like you and the egg are simpatico. Nice holiday cook and welcome the egg world....next step cooking at at fest ;)

Thanks for the kind words. I have always enjoyed grilling/smoking and consider myself fairly good but I must say the egg will make a good cook look like a great cook. After two weeks and many great meals I can not say enough about the Egg. After having cooked and owned many different grills and smokers including a very nice viking that I built in at a previous home (that became a storage rack after I re-discovered charcoal 7 years ago)I have to say there is nothing that compares to an Egg.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    You are hooked :laugh: I predict in less than a year you will find the need to purchase another egg ;)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Can't delete a post.

To avoid a double post, don't use the back button on your browser - hit return to index. Not a big deal - happens often.

Nice cooks
  • mxdad
    Options
    Austin Egghead wrote:
    You are hooked :laugh: I predict in less than a year you will find the need to purchase another egg ;)

I predict you are correct LOL. The only issue I see will be getting approval from my CFO :laugh: Although the wife is loving the results of the egg as much as I am so it may not be a big struggle ;)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Congratulations, great looking eats.

GG