Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cleaned out the Egg

Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited 7:21AM in EggHead Forum
After doing a couple of Boston Butts
DSC_0128.jpg
The Firebox seemed to have more parts than I remember
DSC_0129.jpg
and we picked the last of the Spring planted Lettuce
DSC_0126.jpg

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,086
    Try some JB Weld on the fire box. One of mine has been repaired for 3 years and still holds together.

After repair
    FIRERING5DSCN0868.jpg

Before repair

FIRERING3DSCN0865.jpg
  • WarEagleDGWarEagleDG Posts: 23
    What caused it to do that? Did you drop it?
    War Eagle and pass the Sauce!
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Nope, It just happens eventually. I just pieced it together and will continue using it for a while. I might even try the JB weld next time!
  • Won't BGE dealers replace those parts? Mine has started cracking as well. It is only 1 crack right now and still functional so I haven't worried about it. I just assumed that would be covered by the warranty???
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Yes if he is the original owner all covered under warranty. I've had my firebox crack, used JB weld only to last 3 weeks and fall apart. It's not made for high temps, only 600 degrees but your mileage may vary.
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    I did get a replacement for it from BGE with no problem.