Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin

Options
superuser
superuser Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have a favorite Pork Tenderloin recipe?

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Here is a different twist.

Pork, Tenderloin, From the Islands, Egret

INGREDIENTS:
    2 Pork Tenderloins
    1 Cup Coconut Milk
    3 Tbs Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
    2 Tbs Olive Oil
    1/2 Cup Toasted and Finely Chopped Coconut Flakes
    1/3 Cup Sour Cream
    1/3 Cup Crushed Pineapple
    1/3 Cup Shredded Coconut
    1/3 Cup Cream of Coconut Rum
    Apple Wood for Smoking

Procedure:
    1 Rinse and pat dry pork tenderloins. Inject each with the coconut milk - get as much as possible into the loin. Wrap tightly with plastic warp and refrigerate overnight.
    2 Approximately 6 hr before cooking - rub olive oil and jamaican jerk seasoning over loin and rewrap and continue to marinate until grilling time.
    3 Stabilize BGE at 350°F. using inverted plate setter and raised grid. Add apple wood to the coals. Place tenderloins on raised grid and cook/smoke until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
    4 Toast and finely chop 1/2 cup of coconut flakes. Sauce: Add 1/3 cup each of the following: shredded coconut, crushed drained pineapple, sour cream, cream of coconut rum.
    5 Let cooked loin rest for approximately 25 minutes - then slice into 3/8 inch slices - keeping the shape of the loin then cut sliced loin lengthwise, creating half moon pieces of the loin - sprinkle the finely chopped toasted coconuts flakes, this should be a light dusting.
    6 Serve with the dipping sauce
    *********Cooking Tips**********
    1 **smoke with apple wood - or a light wood of choice;
    2 **chop toasted coconut flakes into almost a dust;
    3 **dipping sauce - work with ingredients until a sauce consistency is achieved - drain pineapple well;
    4 pineapple well;

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Author: Mr. Toad (Rodney Deal),John Hall (egret)for Terri Jackson (vwgal)

Source: BGE Florida Eggfest '06, Egret

This dish was cooked by John Hall for his friend Terri Jackson (vwgal) who was unable to attend due to a serious illness. Thanks from your fellow Eggers!!
  • superuser
    superuser Posts: 8
    Options
    Much appreciated
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    My family and guests always love my very simple pork tenderloin method:

Slather tenderloin with Dijon mustard, then cover with Tone's Garlic and Rosemary blend that I get at Sam's, (or do your own fresh garlic and rosemary). We grill direct, raised about 500 degrees until 135 degrees, then loosely tent for 5-10 minutes. It's very moist, flavorful and easy.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Ya might have a look here:
    I have not made this but many on the forum have and loved it.

QBabe's Coffee Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Redeye BBQ sauce:

http://users.phhp.ufl.edu/tlambert/recipes/Coffee-Crusted-Pork-Tenderloins.htm

Good Luck,
    Bordello
  • Capt. Rich
    Capt. Rich Posts: 153
    Options
    I love the Coffee Rub Tenderloin with BBQ Peach Glaze. It's in the BGE Cookbook. Really an awesome recipe.
  • pci
    pci Posts: 249
    Options
    I got this recipe here a few weeks ago. I really like it.
    Marinade:
    1 heaping tablespoon orange marmalade
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
    1 teaspoon soy sauce
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper(I like a little more)
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/3 cayenne pepper(again, more could be used
    juice from fourth of a lemon.

I also like to put a dash of my favorite pork rub in the mix.

Heat all of the ingredients above in a small saucepan to release the flavors and put a few tablespoons on the pork and seal in a plastic bag for a few hours. Keep the rest to brush on the pork while cooking.
  • mxdad
    mxdad Posts: 47
    Options
    One of my favorite rubs for pork tenderloins when I want something simple is Lysander Pork Rub

http://allseasoning.com/lysander.htm

It is all natural, no preservatives or MSG, I have only used there pork and chicken. It is not a BBQ rub, what I like about it on Pork Tenderloins, chops or chicken is that it only enhances the meat. It is not an over powering rub as some are. This one lets the natural flavor shine through.

For pork Tenderloin I rub on a little EVOO, Lysander Pork rub and cook indirect at around 375 dome until I get an internal of about 150