Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Butt in Guiness Beer??

CAEggFanCAEggFan Posts: 31
edited 5:02PM in EggHead Forum
Saw a BBQ restaurant on one of the cooking shows on TV put pork butt in a shallow pan and put a couple bottles of Guiness Beer in and cooked that way. Thinking of trying.

Anyone done this?
·

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Sounds like a waste of good beer to me. :huh:
    ·
  • BobinFlaBobinFla Posts: 361
    Bacchus wrote:
    Sounds like a waste of good beer to me. :huh:
    Also, alcohol abuse. :(

BOB
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,572
    Anything can be used as a braising liquid. I think Guiness is more bitter than I would like. I'd use at least a bock beer, better yet, a double bock, which works great, btw, for simmering brats.
    ·
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 277
    why put such swill in/on a good piece of meat. Terrible waste of a tasty piece of meat.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
    ·
  • atlpatsatlpats Posts: 102
    A agree with B&B, I am a fan of beer just not Guiness. Seems like a waste of good meat.
    ·
  • BigBadgerBigBadger Posts: 461
    I'm a huge fan of Stouts, Guiness being right up there. If you are into the braising style of cooking I say "Why not try it"? ....of course, let us know how it goes!
    ·
  • CAEggFanCAEggFan Posts: 31
    This is sounding like a bad idea. Nevermind. :-)
    ·