Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cleaned out the Egg

Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited 9:20AM in EggHead Forum
After doing a couple of Boston Butts
DSC_0128.jpg
The Firebox seemed to have more parts than I remember
DSC_0129.jpg
and we picked the last of the Spring planted Lettuce
DSC_0126.jpg
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,864
    Try some JB Weld on the fire box. One of mine has been repaired for 3 years and still holds together.

After repair
    FIRERING5DSCN0868.jpg

Before repair

FIRERING3DSCN0865.jpg
    ·
  • WarEagleDGWarEagleDG Posts: 22
    What caused it to do that? Did you drop it?
    War Eagle and pass the Sauce!
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Nope, It just happens eventually. I just pieced it together and will continue using it for a while. I might even try the JB weld next time!
    ·
  • Won't BGE dealers replace those parts? Mine has started cracking as well. It is only 1 crack right now and still functional so I haven't worried about it. I just assumed that would be covered by the warranty???
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Yes if he is the original owner all covered under warranty. I've had my firebox crack, used JB weld only to last 3 weeks and fall apart. It's not made for high temps, only 600 degrees but your mileage may vary.
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    I did get a replacement for it from BGE with no problem.
    ·