Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breath of the Egg and Wok

2»

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    I'd like to get that book.
    The egg and the wok go hand in hand. For a quick dinner hard to beat a stir fry. Flavors are so good, food isn't overcooked. Comfort food especially when I sauce it up. :cheer:

Thanks Desert Oasis for the photo. Looks like someone got lucky. Is that snoopy dog?
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Nice looking cook and meal Clay. Yum yum. :P
  • Sure is!
    Doug from Eggmonton gave that to Chris for all the hard work he tirelessly put in for the OKC Eggfests over the past 7 years!
    Cheers to Snoop Doggie :woohoo:
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    DOW,

My brother moved to Tulsa. Sounds like I can justify a trip to OKC sooner than later. :woohoo:
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Love the fire from below picture. Food looks good too. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

H
  • Chuck222
    Chuck222 Posts: 67
    Looks great Clay! I'm another one who is eager to Wok on the Egg. I have everything I need except the wok. which I'm hoping to get soon. One thing though, I'm a little spooked about cooking hot. I cooked some yummy pizzas last night (dome temp around 600° F) and woke up this morning to a sealed dome. The heat apparently apparently fried the glue on the gasket and caused it to adhere the dome shut. I eventually opened the dome with a dry wall knife strategically placed where the glue didn't stick and worked the dome open but now I'm afraid of the hot cooks. Maybe I'm okay now that I've "broken in" the original felt gasket. Time will tell.

ChuckL
  • Lobicho
    Lobicho Posts: 557
    niceeee
    great job!!!
    congrats
  • Ripnem + Big Daddy OCT + JLockhart29 =

WATCH OUT OKLAHOMA :ohmy: :huh: :whistle:
  • snake701uk
    snake701uk Posts: 187
    Looks great Clay. I must find a Wok that will fit in my large. Andy
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Recently got done with a huge project I assisted with and now I can get back to my own work. Building a mini table in my spare time (very spare) and it's lookin good so far. You might be interested to know that I'd like to compete in a local BBQ contest, a fun cook. Not KCBS sanctioned but modeled after one. I'd like to hook up with a team and go from there I guess. This way I can learn as I help. Not sure yet what I'll do until our local club, Smokin Good BBQ Club, opens the competition sign in for the August event. I know you compete and know your stuff. It's strange that there is so little BBQing up here, hardly any contests anywhere within 150 miles of me. One in Madison and I guess one in Milwaukee. The Princeton event "Burning Down the Fox" is a no go this year. :(

A lot of folks here in Wisconsin think that real good BBQ is crock pot pork with a a bottle of Kraft sauce dumped over it. I'm slowly changing that perception one bite at a time.