Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Kitchen cart to store eggcessories

xrayscatterxrayscatter Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been using my gas grill to store my eggcessories. I've decided to sell my gas grill and purchase a kitchen cart to store my eggcessories. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for something with a couple drawers and shelves. It's going to be stored outside with my covered large bge (in a nest) so It needs to have a cover.

Comments

• tennvoltennvol Posts: 15
    As a new egger who just cleared all other cooking devices from my deck after determining the Egg is all I need, I am looking for the same as you. I'm finding it difficult to find something that is 1) useful, 2) practical, and 3) able to withstand the elements.

My current thinking is toward a stainless steel table, cart, etc. from a restaurant supply outfit - but still haven't found what I'm looking for. If I make a rash decision to buy, I will keep you posted.

Jeff
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,416
    My Brother-in-law built this one to store his Mini and supplies.

AllensMiniTable2.jpg

AllensMiniinTable.jpg

and my neighbor built this one:

TomsCart6.jpg

TomsCart1.jpg

They are both well built with cedar and ceramic tile countertops and can easily stand up to the weather.

By building your own you can design it specifically to your own needs. And by using easily available cedar fencing materials the costs are very low.

Just my 2ยข

Spring "Make Your Own Is Better Than Buying One" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,123
    Your neighbor's cart is beautiful.
    I would never want to put dirty grill stuff in it.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BIL and Lucky Mon look like they are pretty handy sawdust makers :)
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,165
    this.............

tableclosed.jpg

morfed into this......

table.jpg

The two drawers are slightly recessed to keep rain out. Tall door cabinet between the eggs holds grids, stones and is big enough for a 20# bag of lump. It has a splash panel attached behind one of the doors and a step ledge to keep rain out. The drop leaf ends are nice when extra space is needed. I have a cantilever umbrella protecting it now. Cantilever is nice, no center pole to screw with. Top is corian, nice but cracks from the heat. A piece of stainless sheet metal is under each stone for added protection.

One recommendation is not to box in the eggs, need open side walls for air circulation. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com
    ACGP, Inc.