Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Driving an Egg to Canada - duty-free?

CanadEggCanadEgg Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,

I'm much closer to the US than I am to any BGE dealers in Canada, and the prices between the two nations are -- well, there's an extraordinary jump north of the border.

Normally, paying duty at the border would be enough to put me off, but I've been doing some research, and if I stayed in the U.S. for more than 48 hours, and paid duty on the excess cost of the Egg (about $300 for a Medium), I'd be eligible for a "preferred tariff" of only 7%, according to the Government of Canada Web site.

The Egg might even be duty-free, if it was manufactured in the USA or Mexico, according to this PDF.

Can anyone tell me where the Egg is manufactured, and if there's anything in its documentation that clearly states it (if it was made in the U.S. or Mexico)?

Even at the "preferred tariff" rate, we're talking under $50 in fees. Much, much less than the $200+ difference in price between Vermont and Montreal.

Is there anything I'm not considering here? This seems a little too easy...

Comments