Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I do not have a problem...

2»

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Problem! Problem, you ain't got no stinkin problem. Congrats for rescuing another egg before it was swayed by the wayward life :lol:
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • grillmandan
    grillmandan Posts: 270
    Congrats on #9..... not too long before the twelve step program!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

That would have been a fun car to take a ride in. Loved the chevelle. My best friend's older brother had the early chevelle, a convertible, 289 stick. He would let my friend take it once in a while so we could pick up some girls. We used to load a bunch of us in the trunk and go to a drive-in with only the drive in the seats.

At the time I never could figure out why we always seemed to get caught. Thinking back and being a little older, one person to the dirve in and the car must have been so under-slung that the front tires almost didn't touch the ground. All I can say is dumb kids.

The 60's were a great time to grow up. The Beach Boys, when they first started out, used to play at a small amusement park that was out here. We would all head up to Lagoon to go see the concerts. One of their visits they came up with a song, 'Salt Lake City' which sort of explained the whole experience. After the concert we would go back to Salt Lake and 'drag' state street. One of the main north/south roads from the city out south, about 20 some odd miles. We were trying to pick up girls and once in a while get into a bit of a race.

Great song, great times, that picture sure brought back a lot fun memories ~ even turned on some oldies to listen to while reading the forum.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

She is my favorite hooker!!!

Kent
  • Enjoy your newest addition. :laugh:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    nope no more steps. that is a full house and I am done LOL you see my dad got me the big lodge pan three years ago for Christmas... and it only fits the xl egg and I have never been able to use it... so now I can :)so I NEEDED it :whistle:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I hear you! Minus 44 point these days would put you in the catagory of habitual. That car was smokin fast and he won first place the whole summer in dragging (in town)...hahah, the good days!
    Crusin was a good time too. :laugh: Banned now.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mainegg
    Heath, thanks for checking on that for me :) it is just going to fit. those old trailer doors you know :) Gene would have been down there trying to buy it cheep!
  • Mainegg
    Beli, AC Cobra replica. Neil built it from the ground up. took him 6 years LOL have a 351 in it that has been messed with just a little :whistle: she will scoot right along.
  • Grandpas Grub

Not a kit, you sure?????

WOW!!! A few years back I was driving down the freeway in my clunker van, and heard or probably more felt a rumbling. It was clearly a big block muscle car. I looked in the mirrors and didn't see anything. The rumbling got stronger and stronger, I looked again and it as a big block Cobra. I drove 20 miles out of my way following and listening, looking at that car.

I have seen a bunch of kit cars but to find the real deal is pretty amazing.

When my boys were in high school I started collecting/fixing up mustangs. 64-1/2 up to the body style change and one red '70 convertible. I had about 15 or so, runnable from great shape to 'I've got to get this painted' stage.

I would love to have some not needed money today. I would get the new Shelby and a Camaro and about 20 sets of rear tires.

Kent
  • Mainegg
    it is a kit Kent, from buffalo NY. nice co. it has never been painted the color is in the gel coat. we knew we would not have the money to paint it when it was done and it would have killed him not to drive it, and have to wait anther year for the $$
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Never said my memory was any good. :lol:
  • Grandpas Grub

"Banned now". Many years ago they did that here too. No right turns onto State Street after 8pm there were some other restrictions too. Friday and Saturday nights was down to 'drag state'. Classic 'American Graffiti' scene, not as many muscle cars as in the movie but we were all there with what we had or could borrow from the parents for the night.

We had one real drag strip west of the city which was fun go go and spend the day.

Now a days being fast is limited to how quick I can get the egg up to temperature. :woohoo: :woohoo: (my wife would get a big laugh out of that comment).

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

What frame is it on and what engine. Kit or not I love it. Nice color choice too. You would not believe what went through my mind when I saw that picture - the only thing I saw was the car. I had to go back and try and figure out that an egg was there.

Thanks for the shot. If you have a full picture I would love to see it sometime.

Thanks for posting.

Kent
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Me too. :laugh: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Grandpas Grub

Congratulations on the new egg. You keep it up and you will be in a 12 step program.

Kent
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :laugh: Well,that could be debated! :laugh: ;) Cook em up gurl! :)
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Julie, there ain't no cure for you got. :lol::lol::lol: Worst of all, it appears to be contagious. :woohoo:
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Loved it Julie must get together with Neil again and try that little baby. ;)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Well I'll tell you, at first I thought I had a problem but NINE? I feel a whole lot better now. B)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    First off: Holy Crap! That guy looks like my neighbor " Campfire Pete"! His name is really Tim, but wow they look the same! Did he have you wait on him hand and foot? Did he watch the show to select the next Hooter's girl at your house while you just prayed he would have the sense to go how?

No? In that case, there is no problem! Just cook and share, the more space- the better!
  • You don't tug on Superman's cape
    You don't spit into the wind
    You don't pull the cape off the Old Lone Ranger
    And you don't mess around with Slim
  • Mainegg
    Kent, i used to be able to rattle off all the stats on the cobra, he practically talked about it in his sleep. It is from a co in Buffalo NY called Antique and Collectible www.acautos.com/67-roadster/ when we built it they did a three part ship and pay program so it was broken up. we drove out to Buffalo though to get the body. Neil was scared to death it would get banged up being trucked. we had a friend building a factory five and the body is a very light weight skin and that is what we expected also. this thing is heavy and took 5 people to pick up. also we liked that the color was in the body all the way through. if we get a stone chip we sand and buff and you would never know it :) it has a 351 Windsor engine and a t-5 transmission. and 9 inch rear end with 295 x 50-15 for rear tires. the frame is a box frame.
    CB1.jpg
    d605bcd6.jpg
    it about killed him to mount the plate on the front :( in Maine you have to have them on the front and back
    CB3.jpg
  • Mainegg
    We had to go to Waterville last night as soon as Neil got home from work and was gone about 4 hours.. we got home and the box with Big Momma was GONE. "friends" had come over and moved her to the other side of the garage. they think it was hilarious!! I told him NOTHING off big Momma for him!!
  • Grandpas Grub

Oh, that is eye candy!!! Nice to hear it's not just looks. That has got to be a lot of fun.

Thank you for posting the pictures, very much enjoyed.

Kent
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Very nice Julie. I did enjoy you showing and telling us about you hot rod. Thank you. :)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    That is not cool. Now what if something got busted? I hope your nice friends get the drift that you didn't like what they did. Can't wait to see your first post of of Big Mamma. ;)