Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sr Beli\'s Holy Smokin\' Chipotle Sta María, Tri Tip

Beli
Beli Posts: 10,751
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This cut is not found as such in México, I always wanted to try it & the holidays were the perfect time, a little graphic explanation for the mexican audience.

b9bfa9ec.jpg

Stayed at a beach resort in Mustang Island, TX., first day we're walking by the beach, I see a nice family with a beach canopy, I ask the guy where he bought it, He says you can keep it & take it with you, we're leaving. Am I lucky? Or you find really nice people all the time in that part of the world. Once more a big thanks to John & Jeannie Maclaine, they were just God sent, we made really good use of the canopy during our stay.Here the Maclaines & Fam. & Valeria

DSCN7873.jpg

Set up the canopy & fired the mini,

DSCN7915.jpg

The TriTip fitted perfectly on the Mini, with Achiote & Richard's, Senor Belís Holy Smokin'Chipotle

DSCN7923.jpg

A nice sear at +500* first

DSCN7932.jpg

Pulled at 135* F, let rest for 10 min., cut "along" the grain on the fatty line

RSCN7958.jpg

DSCN7934.jpg

DSCN7948.jpg

Then "across" the grain horizontally on the smaller bit & diagonally on the larger part

DSCN7949.jpg

Tasting neighbours appeared promptly from everywhere..... :woohoo:

DSCN7941.jpg

RSCN7955.jpg

This one loved it, it's her Mini Egg after all......

DSCN7943.jpg

Relaxing after the cooks...

DSCN7888.jpg

A pretty nice place to be........

DSCN7896.jpg

Comments