Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Should I leave the bark on pecan wood?

crmiltcrmilt Posts: 108
edited 10:49AM in EggHead Forum
A friend gave me some great pecan wood pieces. The wood still has the bark on it. Should I remove the bark before using it? If so, how? It looks like it will be a lot of trouble to remove the bark.
__________ Chris
·

Comments

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    6ef732c9.jpg

The tool I use for making splits out of chunks is a construction hatchet. It has a waffled hammer head on the other end, and I just give the bark a smack. Most of it will peel right off by hand. I'm sure a claw hammer will work just fine.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 269
    Don't use it bark is very bad, send it to me and I'll take care of it :evil: :laugh:

you lucky dog
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Leave it on :) :)
    ·
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 815
    I've used pecan, oak, hickory, apple, cherry, peach, plum, sasafras, and malberry and have never removed the bark
    ·