Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Should I leave the bark on pecan wood?

crmiltcrmilt Posts: 108
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A friend gave me some great pecan wood pieces. The wood still has the bark on it. Should I remove the bark before using it? If so, how? It looks like it will be a lot of trouble to remove the bark.
__________ Chris
·

Comments

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    6ef732c9.jpg

The tool I use for making splits out of chunks is a construction hatchet. It has a waffled hammer head on the other end, and I just give the bark a smack. Most of it will peel right off by hand. I'm sure a claw hammer will work just fine.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 229
    Don't use it bark is very bad, send it to me and I'll take care of it :evil: :laugh:

you lucky dog
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Leave it on :) :)
    ·
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 815
    I've used pecan, oak, hickory, apple, cherry, peach, plum, sasafras, and malberry and have never removed the bark
    ·