Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Plum Pork Sliders – Compliments of thirdeye

Devil'D EggDevil'D Egg Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Started the day off by cooking biscuits on the BGE, no sense letting a fire and heated up BGE go to waste!

SaturdayMorningBreakfast2.jpg

The tenderloins are ready.

OntheGrill.jpg

It does not take long to cook the tenderloins at 375°. After and hour and 15 minutes, the tenderloins were ready for glazing.

GlazingtheTenderloin.jpg

I decided to take thirdeye’s advice and serve the Plum Pork Tenderloin cold.

Signature.jpg

Plum Pork Tenderloins plated.

PlumPorkSliders.jpg

Toasted Sesame Seeds add a very touch!

Plated.jpg

Everyone enjoyed the meal (notice all the clean plates).

EnjoyingtheMeal.jpg

It is time to sit back and enjoy the concert and fireworks after the show.

ConnerPrairie1.jpg

A great way to start out the weekend.
·

Comments

• Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    I think pork tenderloins & fruit are a match made in heaven. They looked delicious and I would have love to had one of them biscuits.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
  • These Plum Pork Tenderloins were outstanding! In case you have not seen the recipe, here is a link:

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1998/03/plum-pork.html
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,395
    Thirdeye's recipe,(like all his stuff) looks great. Another ingedient that would work very well is Gerber's Baby Food Strained Plums. Sounds weird, tastes great!

:cheer:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Looks great and all look very happy. How long did the tenderloins take???

Sauce sure makes one want to dig right in.

Cheers,
    Bordello
    ·
  • I agree John, you can't go wrong following thirdeye's advise!
    ·
  • Bordello, after 1 1/2 hours they were ready to come off or at 145 degrees internal temperature.
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Hey man, those turned out pretty sweet. Looking at the outdoor shot, I now see what you were talking about when you didn't want to pack a cutting board, knives and such to slice the brisket. I'm glad this alternate plan worked out.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • The Plum Pork was the correct choice for the evening. This meal was probably one of the best I've had in a long time. I could not get over how moist and tender the pork was.

When shopping for the pork, I picked up a 14.85 pound brisket (packer) to cook for Sunday. Now I get to spend several dyas planning this meal.

Having fun.
    ·