Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Prime Beef Ribs

nodocknodock Posts: 26
edited 3:12PM in EggHead Forum
Someone gaave me a bunch of prime beef rib bone with a fair amount of beef left on...anybody got any idea's how to best cook these things.....thanks much,

Comments

• ShiffShiff Posts: 1,655
    I cook them indirect at 225 grid temp in a rib rack for about 4-5 hours. I use apple or cherry wood chunks for smoke flavor.

I sometimes baste them every hour or so, but I'm not convinced it really makes a difference.

Good luck.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,293
    I like to do mine like the ones from Adam Perry Lang's excellent book BBQ25 (which I HIGHLY recommend)

http://www.nibblemethis.com/2010/09/beef-back-ribs-aka-dino-bones.html
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • nodocknodock Posts: 26
    wow....thats a sounds like a great way to go....but its a looooong cook....many thanks,
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 5,565
    Very nice vid. Just about like standing over your shoulder. Actually, now that I think about it, who was your camera crew? :laugh:
    Mr. Tripod B) :laugh:
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • big houndbig hound Posts: 103
    I tried them after watching your U-tube vid. I've been doing beef ribs for years, low and really slow... not anymore. Since your vid I've done Adam Perry Lang's cooking method on 6 racks now, they are the most tender and jucy beef ribs I've ever done. The only thing I'd do differently is season the meat a bit more since it does go through a braising process.
    Good point!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • nuynainuynai Posts: 101
    Did you remove the membrane from the bottom the allow better smoke penetration. Thanks.
  • big houndbig hound Posts: 103
    always remove the membrains from the bottom. Makes a big difference.