Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT.. TV Alert>>>

Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
15 min. to Anthony trial verdict...

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I am on Fox News
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
  • Yeah...didn't see that coming...
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    wowz. wouldn't be surprised to find that karma catches up with her in the near future.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Kinda like O.J. all over again! Nothing will surprise me about this countries judicial system anymore. Sad. :(

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Hard to figure this one. Reminds me a little of the O.J. verdict. But there is a big difference. Two years before the O.J. verdict was the verdict for the cops in the Rodney King case. The O.J. jury saw that L.A. burned, 54 people murdered, and the names of the jury printed in a local newspaper. They probably figured that if they found O.J. guilty the city would burn again, many people murdered again, and maybe their names would be released. It does not make the not guilty verdict for O.J. right, but it possibly explains some of it. Nothing like that applied to the verdict today. I can not understand the verdict today at all.
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Interesting comments on one of the networks tonight pointed toward the manner in which modern day detective shows portray detection of guilt so easily deduced and proved.......The suggestion being that the absence of such ease in the detection and proof of guilt automatically indicates innocense. I think I understand the concept, but haven't a clue as to its validity. It only saddens me that something as heinous and tragic as that little girl's death is now measured by a yard stick as insensitive as TV ratings. May she rest in peace and hopefully remain oblivious to the minimization of her importance.
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Except that this was a purely circumstantial case, the burden to PROVE beyond a REASONABLE doubt that she did this is on the prosecution. And with no real forensics, witnesses or evidence of any kind to tie this individual to the death, they really had no choice. We only have the sound-bite of the day to draw conclusions, the jury had all of the information and they could not for sure say "yes she did it" - unless they were all just tired and opted for the easy way out - after all, they had more than a months worth of evidence, yet only deliberated 11 hours.

I know some people who deliberate longer than that before buying a new egg even though they have the funds to do so immediately.

--
    one

There is a God, and there will be a final judgement.
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    I know deep down that you are correct in your thinking. Ultimately, my concern is more for the little girl than her mother.....and maybe, that's what's coloring my judgement. I guess I should keep my emotions out of it.....tough to do under the circumstances.