Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Have you made the jump from a Large to X-Large?

Options
SLOandSteady
SLOandSteady Posts: 210
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Getting ready to move in a few weeks and realize that I will not be able to keep all my grills (3 Webers, 1 BGE) due to my wife's desire. Two of the Webers will go leaving 1 Weber and 1 BGE. I always thought I would have a Large and a X-Large, but that's not going to happen. With that said, I am currently contemplating jumping up to a X-Large. For those that have made the switch, what are your thoughts on having done so?

Comments

• benny
    benny Posts: 109
    Options
    i just added an xl. today is first time using it , a brisket (packer ) lays flat. i think im gonna love it....make your wife a deal ...get rid of all the webers, and get an xl to replace it.....buy your xl at an eggfest...and save alot of money
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    I have six eggs, 2XLs, 1 L, 1 S, and 2 Minis. I can honestly say I love cooking on the XL's the most. They are easy to control and can feed a small army. You will not have a problem making the jump.

-Kevin
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I agree Kevin...I have 2 minis a small,medium,large and XL and really enjoy the XL.I like Toms lump saver for the XL also.

Larry
  • TheLazyC
    TheLazyC Posts: 97
    Options
    I started off with the XL, not sure how you guys do it on anything smaller. I normally have mine full. Although would like something small enough to travel with me in the RV.