Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Video of me doing ribs

BigLogHomeBigLogHome Posts: 10
edited 1:55PM in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone! I did some ribs on the BGE. Will gladly take comments and constructive criticism on my approach. The ribs came out pretty good. This link is the video I did of it. A little jumpy trying to video and BBQ at the same time.

Comments

• BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    Mighty fine video. Great looking ribs too.
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    I laughed and laughed when I saw the last screen shot of your dog's endorsement! :lol: Nice ribs. :)
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    That was fun, and your ribs looked great. Make more movies, please! :)
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,700
    Well, beautifu ribs, and you sure have a knock-dead gorgeous home.............cool!

:cheer: :cheer:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,358
    Enjoyed the video! 2:30 total coook time?
  • Kewel wibs BLH - some happy judges in the house and nice area

Things I would do different

- Drink the single malt instead of using on the chips B)
    - Don't soak the chips - not necessary on BGE
    - Try some apple, cherry or pecan chips (or chunks) and save the alder for fish (just me)
    - Use a light slather of mustard before the rub - holds the rub real nice but doesn't add a mustard flavor
    - Didn't see a platesetter - the two drip pans did a nice job
    - Try without foiling sometime
    - Add the sauce and put them back on the egg for 15 minutes

The last thing to do - don't apy attention to any of the above. Killer ribs :)

Like your video - pretty cool
  • BigLogHomeBigLogHome Posts: 10
    No the cook time was closer to 4.5 hours. You know, after someone offered me a glass of wine I lost track of things. Wait - that someone was me. It's all good then. :laugh:
  • BigLogHomeBigLogHome Posts: 10
    Thanks for the comments! I've had the BGE since Christmas. I found out that grilled zucchini is really awesome on the BGE.
  • thailandjohnthailandjohn Posts: 952
    Good job on both the ribs and the video....LOVE the dog