Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lucky Mon Does Fantastic Brisket

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are fortunate to live next door to an Egghead. He wasn't always an Egghead, but once he won his first one he was hooked. Now he has two and knows the secret handshake and all.

He invited us over for a full-blown holiday lunch of brisket and lots of other stuff. We accepted the invite but thawed out some hotdogs in case we came home hungry.

His brisket was fantastic! Nice smoke and seasoning flavor, moist and very tender. The burnt ends were really good too. His brisket was much better than my best. That means I've got to go back to the drawing board.

Anyway, thanks Lucky Mon and Lucky WoMon for inviting us over. Two trips for more was a lot more than I expected to eat.

Now for a nap.

Spring "Going To The Neighbor's Is Like Eating Out" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Remember them from the Coop-de-doo, right?

Anyway, I'm with you Leroy....my brisket attempts are getting better, but still nothing to brag about.

A nap sounds good! Zzzz
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Leroy:

I ran into him in the hall @ the 2010 OKC after he had won an BGE. Seemed like an good Egghead in the making,
    of course with your tutelage (or not :laugh: ) he probabaly already knew that ya gotta get an left-handed brisket! Right? :whistle:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I think he is better off NOT being under my tutelage. Instead, he follows instructions and recipes, something I have a hard time doing.

But he's got ribs down pat and now, brisket.

It is to my advantage that he's a good cook LOL

Spring "Still Learning By Trial And Error" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I think it's a communist plot. Sooner or later I'll make a really good brisket and then I'll probably forget how I did it. No matter, the next one would be a different cow anyway.

Spring "Every Cook Is A New Experience" Chicken
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC02087rac.jpg

Good brisket, good neighbor... You're lucky. My neighbor is all thumbs when it comes to cooking. He can't grasp the fact that sauce isn't added within 15 seconds of anything landing on the grill. Well, except corn... but he never gets a chance to cook it until it's done because once all the meat starts burning, he pulls everything off and serves it.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    TQ method (trick) again? :whistle: :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap