Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Have you made the jump from a Large to X-Large?

SLOandSteadySLOandSteady Posts: 175
edited 3:34PM in EggHead Forum
Getting ready to move in a few weeks and realize that I will not be able to keep all my grills (3 Webers, 1 BGE) due to my wife's desire. Two of the Webers will go leaving 1 Weber and 1 BGE. I always thought I would have a Large and a X-Large, but that's not going to happen. With that said, I am currently contemplating jumping up to a X-Large. For those that have made the switch, what are your thoughts on having done so?
·

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 109
    i just added an xl. today is first time using it , a brisket (packer ) lays flat. i think im gonna love it....make your wife a deal ...get rid of all the webers, and get an xl to replace it.....buy your xl at an eggfest...and save alot of money
    ·
  • SqueezeSqueeze Posts: 707
    I have six eggs, 2XLs, 1 L, 1 S, and 2 Minis. I can honestly say I love cooking on the XL's the most. They are easy to control and can feed a small army. You will not have a problem making the jump.

-Kevin
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    I agree Kevin...I have 2 minis a small,medium,large and XL and really enjoy the XL.I like Toms lump saver for the XL also.

Larry
    ·
  • TheLazyCTheLazyC Posts: 87
    I started off with the XL, not sure how you guys do it on anything smaller. I normally have mine full. Although would like something small enough to travel with me in the RV.
    ·