Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Transporting a Large

BigBlueEggBigBlueEgg Posts: 43
edited 3:40PM in EggHead Forum
We are taking a family camping trip to Gatlinburg and need a good, safe means to transport our Large Egg. I have a Pot Lifter to get it from the nest to the truck but don't know the best way to haul in the truck. I can wrap in blankets and strap with ratchets. I could build a crate and fill with foam or burlap sacks for cushion. Any suggestions?
·

Comments

• outrageousoutrageous Posts: 531
    i have hauled several larges...just strap it in tight and it will ride fine... putting padding around it will not hurt..
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I put a partial bag of lump in the corner of the truck bed, then the egg, then ratchet strap them together tightly to the tie down cleat.

My eggs have traveled thousands of miles (yes, literally) like this and I've never had a problem.
    ·