Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bobby Flay Cooks A Brisket on the Egg

Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,696
edited 3:49PM in EggHead Forum
I'm sure many of you saw Bobby Flay's new show yesterday where he cooked a large brisket @ 225° for only 8 hours (four out and four in foil) to an internal temperature of 185°. It looked great afterward but he sure doesn't want to call the Egg a "Big Green Egg" does he?

And the way he dropped the dome lid is going to crack it one of these days when the gasket gets broke in.

If he's the pro here, I've got lots to learn on the Egg.

Spring "There's A Reason Why I'm Not On TV" Chicken
Spring Texas USA
·

Comments

• Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Maybe you need to pay him a visit and teach him a few things. ;) :woohoo: :whistle:
    ·
  • psalzerpsalzer Posts: 106
    And if I saw correctly he was using briquets !
    ·
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    The way he closes/slams the Dome on the EGG is like slapping your wife's face. You just don't do it. We all know better.
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I saw him drop that lid and was sure he was going to break it. -RP
    ·
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Bobby Flay is an idiot when it comes to everything BBQ. He's also a hypocrite because he railed on a contestant last night in that silly Next Food Network Loser contest for cooking brisket in 2 hours. He said "So it's only 13 hours underdone?!" I was really hoping they would bring Myron Mixon in from the wings right then and have him say it was a throwdown on brisket and Bobby had 4 hours to cook...go!
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Leroy, to him that is low-n-slow..... I saw him cook one several years ago in 4 hours. Heheheee. Hehee.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Looked like lump to me, and very large pieces. -RP
    ·
  • SoCalWJSSoCalWJS Posts: 258
    He definitely didn't use the "Egg" word. Even my wife screamed when he slammed the lid down one time.

Results looked pretty good though. :whistle:
    ·
  • Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Now THAT would be a show to see!!
    ·
  • leeflashleeflash Posts: 66
    Spring,maybe you need to challenge him to a throwdown.
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Mixon has forgotten more about cooking a brisket that that Brooklyn bozo will ever know.
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,623
    I also had to wonder why he was so strong on soaking the wood chips "up to 24 hours"?
    Does he know anything about cooking outside of a kitchen?

:unsure: :unsure:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    He read it in a Steve Raichlen book. :laugh:
    ·