Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

warranty question

fasteddiem
fasteddiem Posts: 212
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Question for those of you who have been around the company for a while...

I bought my XL BGE as a dealer demo. When I received it he did not give me a manual with the purchase. (I didn't know to look for it either.) After reading the boards about warranty claims I realized that there should be a manual with a warranty registration card. I requested one from the dealer and he sent to me in a few days. I'm now 6 weeks from my original purchase and I just sent the card in...In the manual it says that the card must be return within 10 days...am I screwed? Am I out the warranty? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Eddie

Comments

• Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    If they put you in their computer as buying it from a dealer, BGE will honor the warranty. I doubt 1 in 100 turn in a card and the warranty is always good. You are dealing with what has always been a honorable company.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

In the past... some folks have never sent in their cards and have had replacements done under warranty.

An email or phone call to BGE will get you the correct answer.

It would be a good idea to keep that sales receipt.

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    You are dead in the water now. I will buy it from you for $300 and you can get a new one and do it right this time :P

Keep your receipt, you'll be fine
  • fasteddiem
    Thanks Guys! I love my egg and just want to make sure it's future is taken care of like one of my Kids! :) :laugh: :P
  • Crimsongator
    If you buy something direct from BGE, then you get on their computer. I have 2 eggs that were purchased from dealers and both cards were sent in. Neither show in the BGE computer. My local dealer has never had an issue with warranty items.
  • fasteddiem
    My only worry with the dealer was that they are a high in stove and kitchen shop in a town that has nearly shut down due to some major layoffs. I thought it important to have registered with the "Mothership" so that if there are issues, and my dealer has closed, that they would be handled properly. Can any dealer handle issues for under warranty eggs?
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Companies cannot require you to "register" to validate a warranty. As long as you have the sales receipt and can show you are the original owner, you are good to go.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Crimsongator
    Yes, any dealer can handle a warranty claim. Some are just easier to deal with than others