Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tonights snapper and peaches

"Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited 1:01PM in EggHead Forum
I had such a great day with the kids today.No pics of the baby,but Carson was dying to shoot some targets before dinner,so I got out the ole Marlin 17 :woohoo:

Carsonscatch001.jpg

Carsonscatch008.jpg

Now time to fire up the XL for the "catch of the day"....

Carsonscatch029.jpg

Carsonscatch045.jpg

I lightly dusted the fillets with Carnivore Rub me Raw,the Carson threw them on the grill....

Carsonscatch100.jpg

Carsonscatch055.jpg

Carsonscatch065.jpg

The peaches were prepped by mixing cinnamon and sugar into melted butter,then 2 of them were sprinkled in Pineapple Head :woohoo:

Carsonscatch067.jpg

Carsonscatch077.jpg

Carsonscatch079.jpg

Carsonscatch085.jpg

Here's the finished pic.Thanks for lookin ;)

Carsonscatch106.jpg
·

Comments

• CrazyHarryCrazyHarry Posts: 112
    Looks delicious! Been wanting to try some peaches on the Egg -- but I was thinking about cooking them flesh side down to carmelize them a bit.
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Thanks Harry,I did cook them flesh down for a bit,but wifey doesn't like them too well done ;) Look at the subtle grill marks in the last pic :)
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Excellent! I'm sure that snapper was mighty fine - as far as I'm concerned it's the perfect fish. We are loving fresh peaches right now too! Do you live anywhere near Mercier Farms - we'll be vacationing near there this August. :)
    ·
    I have to agree with you elzbth,snapper in great :woohoo: I'm about an hour south of Blueridge GA ;)
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Doug is that the 1'st time Carson got to eat his own catch? Looks good buddy.
    ·
    :P Since he normally brings home bugs and lizards,this was quite a treat :laugh: Thanks man ;)
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Love ti Doug :) Carson is going to be a good egger from the looks of things :)
    ·
    Thanks Julie,yea,I think that we're gonna keep him around for a while :laugh: ;)
    ·
  • CBBQCBBQ Posts: 610
    You can bring him to the Sunshine State Eggfest as soon as he's old enough to buy(or provide
    ) beer.
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    Male bonding at it's BEST!!! :laugh: ;)
    Making memories....
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    We've rented a home - The Laughing Bear Lodge. It is supposed to be off the beaten path, and the photos look fantastic. Family from Virginia, Florida, Georgia, and Alabama gathering for a week of down time. I can't wait to get there!
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Carson has popped more caps and cast more lines in the last week than I have all year.

Lookin good bud!
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Looks good Doug. I bet the fresh fish was killer. B)
    ·