Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back up North with My Mini

Options
chocdoc
chocdoc Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been up north now for a couple of days (I come up here to work for the month of July) - finally picked up my mini today which has been overwintering with newbiechick. Realized after we got back with it that the DFMT is not with it. I rarely use the DFMT on my large except for low temperature cooks, but it seems more important on the mini.

Grabbed a chicken to spatchcock - realize I should have been looking for the smallest instead of the one with the nicest breast! But it was a damn fine piece of poultry.

5899119532_6204ce3b62.jpg
DSCN3360 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Hit a yard sale on the way home from picking up the egg - grabbed a little table on which to put the mini on the balcony where we stay. It's really nice not to have to get down on your knees to put things on and take them off. Notice the nice new double hinges and new handle. Gotta say, makes the mini so much easier to use.

5898552805_6ce4971f3f.jpg
DSCN3363 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Minimal clearance.

5898552893_3bafa646a3.jpg
DSCN3366 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Some potatoes in duck fat.

5898552981_6ae816d4c2.jpg
DSCN3367 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

5899119394_7c5f9a1fd8.jpg
DSCN3370 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Grilled up some garlic scapes as well - not terribly exciting.

5899119446_86b854f98a.jpg
DSCN3356 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Sadly just on the other side of this sign we saw a turtle that apparently can't read Ojibway - squished flat on the road!

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice clean flavors on that plate Kerry. How'd you season the bird? Looks good.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • chocdoc
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    Nice clean flavors on that plate Kerry. How'd you season the bird? Looks good.

Just salt and pepper (oh yeah - and duck fat!)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    We are eating scapes about every night LOL have only about 100 more plants to trim and we will be done with them. thankfully with all the diff kinds they have been staggered to cut.
  • chocdoc
    Options
    What is your favourite way to cook them?