Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs! Ribs! Happy family

Options
elzbth
elzbth Posts: 2,075
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All's well, etc. I will say that I've had better, and all things concerned, they were fine. My plan changed a few times today. I thought they were a tad dry, but they tasted very good and I have very few left. I gave some to the neighbor, and took a plate to a dear friend who is in rehab recovering from a stroke. Next time, I'll be better prepared. Many thanks to all who jumped in and gave me invaluable advice. The egg is awesome! :kiss:

Three hours in I had reinserted the platesetter and drip pan (you can see on the ends things were headed to he!!). I spritzed every 30 minutes or so with a wine/apple juice concoction...things smelled very good throughout the cook.
IMG_2724.jpg

Between four and five hours I unrolled them and began a rotation to finish them...they did not cook as evenly as normal, but they were fine in the end....
IMG_2726.jpg

Getting ready to cut and serve....

IMG_2728.jpg

On the table and ready to face the music. Thank goodness I had a home-made peach cobbler standing by...
IMG_2730.jpg

Comments