Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buttermilk Biscuits

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If you are new to baking with the egg, this will get you going. If you are old to baking with the egg this will also get you going. :laugh:
Recipe from our very own fully illustrated BGE Cookbook, page 220.

0006.jpg

0005.jpg

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

If a whole stick of butta in the recipe isn't enough, add more. :woohoo: Very good with an Italian fattie fresh off the small egg. Lunch is on!
0010.jpg

Yummmo.
0011.jpg

Summer and the livin is easy...sun tea anyone? Cheers!
0004.jpg

Comments

• WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Options
    I can smell 'em from here mmmmmm sum good. :woohoo:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Those biscuits and fatties sure do look good.

• Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Oh yeah! Biscuits are really looking good, and how can you go wrong putting a fatty on there. Try a little honey too!

And the Sun Tea!! Bow-chicka-bow-wow....
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Simple bake and good eats.

Grandpa, wishin you a terrific 4th. Hope it warms up by you in time for the fireworks. Didn't you just have snow?
    :laugh:
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Options
    You sure know how to make someone hungry and thirsty. :) It looks great!
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Congratulations Clay! That's a batch of biscuits to be very proud of! Those look as good as they get and your photography does them justice. That is raising the lowly old biscuit to a classic art form. :laugh:

Blair

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Clay:

Great looking Biscuits!

Definately on my "List"! :sick: :pinch:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    It is warm now. 103° and yes we did have a little snow here on the benches of the mountains. 25 minutes east of here 10.5' of snow pack. But with this temp. it is going to melt fast, so flood watch's are on all over.

There is a lot of snow for this late in the year.

We just celebrated out 40th anniversary so this week every year is a bit special. All the kids and grand kids threw a party. Goooooood times indeed.

It's an egg'n weekend at granpdas house.

Have a great (and safe) 4th.

Be well my friend, Kent
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Man after my own heart. I love biscuits better than anything else. Use to eat 'em with homemade cane syrup and heavy cream skimmings off the fresh milk. I could eat about ten at a seating and take a few more out to the fields in my pockets. They got ate real quick because I LOVE biscuits.

Your photos just made me hungry for some. Growing up in Louisiana they looked like this:

346593B4447Ffp633Dot3E23273D83A43D9.jpg

But Living in Texas they have to look like this:

DSC03151.jpg

Did I mention that I LOVE biscuits???

Spring "Pocket Full Of Biscuits Is A Good Day" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Nothing better than biscuits and tea! Those biscuits look sooooo good - I can just imagine who good they'd be with some ribbon cane syrup! Thank you for sharing - defnitely got me planning for biscuits in the morning. :)
  • kolbdriver
    kolbdriver Posts: 403
    Options
    I bet those Louisiana taste the best...Just saying !!!