Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brisket Help/ Question

jbennyjbenny Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I put 3 10lbs briskets on at 1:30 am and now they are all at 176-178 and it's only been about 6 hrs. I was planning on them taking an 1.5 hours per pound and be ready around 4-5 this afternoon. Did I do something wrong? Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks!

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    what temp are you cooking at? you might be in the platue and hang there a bit, still a ways to go to 190. and then you can foil and wrap well and into a cooler for about 4 hours. if you wrap them well so there is no heat loss and do not open the cooler at all you can go a bit longer. at 4 hours check the temp. if close to 140 you will have to pull and slice and wrap to reheat and serve. you can drop the temp a bit to slow them down also.
  • eggsrgreateggsrgreat Posts: 86
    I did one yesterday and took it to 195. It took forever after it hit 175 to get to 195. I bet your right on schedule, especially if you just barely crack the vents.
  • jbennyjbenny Posts: 147
    I've had the guru set to 225 and it's been doing it's job so far. I'm hoping for a nice long 6 hr plateau so I can wrap, throw in the cooler and take to the party. I always do fat side up, have rotated before and I'm thinking maybe I need try them sideways next time.