Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT Concret Kitchen Counter tops?

JohnBJohnB Posts: 174
edited 7:42AM in EggHead Forum
We're in the process of renovating part of our kitchen. Does anyone have any experience with concrete countertops? We love the look but are a little concerned about how they would withstand stains from cooking oils, etc...

thanks,

John
·

Comments

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,696
    I just Googled Concrete Countertop Stains and got a lot of hits. This one explains it pretty good.

http://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete/countertops/will_concrete_countertops_stain.htm

Spring "The Soft Stuff Between A Rock And A Hard Place" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • JohnBJohnB Posts: 174
    Thanks -- I guess I'll need to check with the people giving us bids to see how they mix it and seal it.
    ·
  • tpc1tpc1 Posts: 54
    I am not sure who on the site did one for their egg. I am new around here but i remember seeing a post with the details of the construction. It was very impressive and looked great. Hopefully someone will jump in who knows. Good luck
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Ctredwell here on the forum does them. I've seen a few pics and they look nice
    ·
    I am not sure who on the site did one for their egg. I am new around here but i remember seeing a post with the details of the construction. It was very impressive and looked great. Hopefully someone will jump in who knows. Good luck
    ·
    ·