Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Side Table "shoulder" screw broken

tennvoltennvol Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
New Egger here and I've got a small issue .. when installing the side tables I evidently tighted one of the little plastic/nylon/etc. shoulder screws that hold the shelves in the up position a little too much and it has broken. I've been to local hardware stores and haven't been able to find a replacment that would work - any ideas on how to replace this piece?

Thanks
Jeff
·

Comments

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Are these the egg mates, wood (fold down) or the 'plastic' shelves?

You should be able to look at the assembly instructions and find the screw description and size. If not, make quick call to BGE (or your dealer) and ask them for a replacement or what to look for.

GG
    ·
  • tennvoltennvol Posts: 15
    They are the plastic fold down models ... nice shelves and hardware in general but I do find it odd that when "up" they are supported by these little plastic or nylon pieces.

Thanks for the input.

Jeff
    ·
  • tennvoltennvol Posts: 15
    Local Dealer gave me a replacement today when I restocked on charcoal ... great Egger customer Service
    ·