Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Side Table "shoulder" screw broken

tennvol
tennvol Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
New Egger here and I've got a small issue .. when installing the side tables I evidently tighted one of the little plastic/nylon/etc. shoulder screws that hold the shelves in the up position a little too much and it has broken. I've been to local hardware stores and haven't been able to find a replacment that would work - any ideas on how to replace this piece?

Thanks
Jeff

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Are these the egg mates, wood (fold down) or the 'plastic' shelves?

You should be able to look at the assembly instructions and find the screw description and size. If not, make quick call to BGE (or your dealer) and ask them for a replacement or what to look for.

GG
  • tennvol
    They are the plastic fold down models ... nice shelves and hardware in general but I do find it odd that when "up" they are supported by these little plastic or nylon pieces.

Thanks for the input.

Jeff
  • tennvol
    Local Dealer gave me a replacement today when I restocked on charcoal ... great Egger customer Service