Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 different size butts

Retread
Retread Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Would someone help me with cooking time on 3 butts 6-4-3.75 pounds. I like it when you can pull the bone out at completion. Plus what is the ideal internal temperature when finished.

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    195-200deg internal is common for pulled pork doneness internal temp. 90min per/lb is what some folks use as a guide, but they are all different.
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    I pulled mine at 195 and then wrapped it in foil and kept it in a cooler bag for about 2hours. It was great. Doing another one this weekend will pull at the same temp. Trying a different rub, got some Dizzy Dust Course. I will try the mustard rub this time.
  • Retread
    Retread Posts: 7
    I have a total of 14 lbs. (4+4+6) equals 14x90minutes or is it average 4.5x90

minutes?
    500 Posts: 3,177
    They count as separate, not combined weight I would separate them as much as possible, on the grid, over a drip pan, over a plate setter legs up. So 4 x 90 for the 2 small ones and 6 x 90 for the bigger one. I'm cooking 2 - 8 pounders starting early Sunday morning for a 5pm party so it looks like I'll be firing the Egg at 4. I need to do a little review here cause it's been awhile since my last pork butt cook. good luck.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009