Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stainless Steel "Keys"?

Vegas EggusVegas Eggus Posts: 40
edited 4:16AM in EggHead Forum
My new large BGE arrived today. Just in time for some 4th fun. There were two stainless steel key type items in the box with the cap. Can't figure out what they are supposed to do. Any input?
·

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Stainless or Zinc coated? They might be the spacers(for lack of better term) that retain the spring during assembly.
    ·
  • tennvoltennvol Posts: 15
    Can you post a picture?
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Rectangle metal about 3" to 5" tall with two holes would be a spring retainer. Mine came with plastic retainers.

GG
    ·
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Did the dealer put it together for you? If so they are the spring clips that they take off after the dome is attached. If you are/ did put it together then I don't know.
    ·
  • Yes, dealer put it together. Bet it is something to do with the hinge to hold it in place prior to the lid being installed.
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,403
    They may be the caster wrenches for the nest?

Should only be one though.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·