Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribs on the 4th

golffergolffer Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am doing baby backs for about 20 on Monday. I believe this is too many for for a single cook on my large BGE so what are my best options? First cook, alum foil in a cooler then cook 2nd batch? Suggestions please.
·

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    If you have an Adjustable Rig you can get 6-8 racks of ribs and that should be good for that crowd...
    ·
  • golffergolffer Posts: 144
    Just got one last week. Wll certainly try that. Any chance you have pictures of that setup with load of ribs?
    ·
  • Chief ChefChief Chef Posts: 199
    Golfer - Here is a shot of my very first newbie cook - 8 and 1/2 racks in an inverted "V" rack. Didn't even know know what I was doing and everything turned out great. Served them "dry" style since there was no room to slather them up. Have since acquired the adjustable rig but have never attempted that many racks since.
    ribsonBGE.jpg
    ·
  • SevySevy Posts: 6
    where did you get the rack? Does this require you to rotate the ribs so they finishing cooking at the same time? Also do the ribs have the same level of smoke ie are the inside ribs as smokey as the outside?
    ·